08: Draft for Chapter Three (Research Design)

Greetings,

This week's task required us to update on our Chapter 3, particularly on 3.2 Research Design. In deciding what kind of research design would be best for my study, I viewed various slides on research design prepared by my classmates. After I have done reviewing, I decided that it would be best for me to employ quantitative approach with correlational research design in my study. The rationale for this is because I am trying to find out the relationship between learning styles and strategies used by TESL undergraduate students. Creswell (2012) states that correlational design is used “to describe and measure the degree of association between two or more variables” hence I think it is appropriate for me to employ this type of research design in my research. There is also a digital book that I think is helpful for me to learn more about deciding research design in my study. It is a book by Creswell (2012) on Educational Research. Here is the link to the book and some content I have highlighted that I found beneficial in my study.

 CRESWELL_2012

CRESWELL_CORRELATIONAL DESIGN                           

Reference

Creswell, J. W. (2012). Educational Research: Planning, Conducting and Evaluating Quantitative and Qualitative Research. Boston: Pearson Education, Inc.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

09: Research Population and Sample

11: Validity and Reliability & Ethical Considerations

15: Review Chapter One, Two and Three