15: Review Chapter One, Two and Three


Greetings!

At this point, I am more than halfway there towards completing my research proposal so for this entry, I would like to look back on all the progress that I have done so far regarding the three chapters and the study as a whole. 

There are some amendments that I have decided to make concerning my study. I have considered to change my working title from ‘LEARNING STYLES AND STRATEGIES IN LEARNING LITERATURE AMONG PRE-SERVICE ESL TEACHERS’ to ‘LEARNING STYLES AND STRATEGIES IN LEARNING LITERATURE OF SUCCESSFUL AND LESS SUCCESSFUL TESL UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS’. They are both pretty much the same but I would like to emphasise more on the successful and less successful learners in my study.

Chapter One

:. I still need to find some previous researches to support my sub-sections: 1.2 Background of Study and 1.3 Problem Statement.

Chapter Two

:. Literature review is the most challenging out of the three chapters since it requires a lot of reading and I still have more past researches to find in order to strengthen my literature. I am having problem particularly for sub-section: 2.5 Relationship between Learning Styles and Learning Strategies. Luckily, I have found several interesting articles that focus on finding the correlation between the two variables. The articles are as follows and I have also highlighted the part which I find significant:

An Analysis of the Impact of Language Learning Styles on Learning Strategy Preferences

Learning Styles, Language Learning Strategies and Fields of Study Among ESL Learners.

Chapter Three

:. I am almost done with my Chapter 3 but I decided to gain a closer look regarding my instruments and data analysis.

References

Gao, P. (2016). An Analysis of the Impact of Language Learning Styles on Learning Strategy Preferences. Sino-US English Teaching.

 Muniandy, J. & Shuib, M. (2016). Learning Styles, Language Learning Strategies and Fields of Study Among ESL Learners. Malaysian Journal of ELT Research, 12(1).

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

09: Research Population and Sample

11: Validity and Reliability & Ethical Considerations